To protect the health of our clients, patients and staff, there are temporary changes to some services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the changes listed below, and please note the following before visiting KCHD: Individuals coming into KCHD will be screened by getting their temperature taken and being asked if they have tested positive and/or have been a contact to a known case within the past two weeks. Masks/cloth face coverings should be worn while inside KCHD. If an individual does not have a mask/cloth face covering, one will be provided.
Knox County Health Department (Main Clinic, 140 Dameron Avenue)
- All WIC services will be done by phone. Please call 865-215-5016 or email at makemyWICappointment@knoxcounty.org.
Women’s Health/Family Planning Services:
- Many services are still being provided, but please call first by dialing 865-215-5320.
Centers of Excellence (COE) Clinic:
- Phone consultation for eligibility and certification (new or re-certification) for Ryan White services.
- Phone evaluation for treatment and follow-up by medical provider. Please call 865-215-5081.
Communicable Disease Clinic:
- All services are by appointment only.
- For HIV Care, please call 865-215-5081.
- For Hepatitis C confidential testing, please call 865-215-5371.
- For Hepatitis C Case Management services, please call 865-215-5365.
- For Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screenings, please call 865-215-5371.
- For Tuberculosis (TB) screenings, please call 865-215-5371.
Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic:
- Screening/testing for highest risk groups
- Continuation of preventive therapies
- Medical evaluation and treatment of active or suspected TB disease. Please call 865-215-5371.
Travel Immunization Clinic (TIC):
- The Travel and Immunization Clinic (TIC) is now providing routine immunizations to all ages, as well as continuing to provide international travel immunizations and pre and post-exposure Rabies. All immunizations are by appointment only and you may call 865-215-5070 to schedule.
- TIC will be open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (by appointment only). Click here for a detailed flu vaccination schedule.
- Dental emergencies only.
- For a dental emergency, please call 865-215-5110.
Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT):
- No in home visits, but CHANT will be continuing services via phone to all families and accepting new referrals from community partners.
- Goal is to support families with resources as this emergency unfolds.
- Consultations by phone only.
- Please call 865-215-5190 or email CHANT@knoxcounty.org.
Parents As Teachers (PAT):
- Accepting new enrollments, virtual visits only, no in person visits.
- For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5200.
- Septic tank and drain field work, as well as well water sampling, can be applied for over the phone. Soil mapping and site plans can be emailed.
- Payments for pool/tattoo permits and groundwater applications can be processed over the phone with a credit card.
- Discouraging the signing of survey maps in the office.
- Immunization record requests can be made by phone (865-215-5150), fax (865-215-5155), email (KCHDIP@knoxcounty.org), or mail.
- When making the request, please provide the following information: full name, date of birth, address, current phone number, and parent’s name (if child is under 18 years of age).
- Requests made by mail should be sent to the following address: Knox County Health Department, Immunization Program, 140 Dameron Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37917.
- If making the request through email, a phone number must be provided for the department to contact the person requesting the records.
- Records can only be mailed to the home address; records cannot be faxed or emailed.
- Children’s records can be obtained via mail by parent only
- Anyone 18 years old or older has to request their own records.
- Please call (865-215-5150) for an appointment if needing to transfer records to the TN state certificate.
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5900.
- Open burning permits may be obtained by calling 865-215-5900 or applying online at https://knoxcounty.org/airquality/permit.php
- For more information on available services, please call 865-215-5170. Voice messages will be returned in the order they are received.
- Records may be requested with a government issued ID, in person, by email at email@example.com, by phone 865-215-5024, or fax 865-215-5002.
- Issuance of certified copies of death certificates to funeral directors, Issuance of cremation permits, and issuance of for burial transit out of state continue on a walk-in basis.
- Voluntary acknowledgment of paternity is by appointment only.
- Issuance of birth certificates can be requested in person OR by mail. Please note mother, father, legal guardian (with a copy of custody paper included), spouse, or person themselves can request birth certificates, and the address stated on the request is the address the certificate will be mailed to.
- Please use the following steps for in person requests: 1) Fill out the birth certificate request form here. Copies of the form are also available at the health department. 2) Bring the completed form to the Knox County Health Department Vital Records office (140 Dameron Ave, Knoxville, TN 37917) with a copy of your State ID or driver’s license, and a $15 fee (per each certificate request).
- Please use the follow steps for mail requests: 1) Fill out the birth certificate request form here;2) Place completed form, a copy of your State ID or driver’s license, and $15 fee (per each certificate request) in an envelope; 3) Mail to Knox County Health Dept. Attn: Vital Records, 140 Dameron Ave, Knoxville, TN 37917. Once Vital Records receives the mail request, certificate will be mailed out within 1-2 business days.
- The Tennessee Vital Records Office is processing certified copy requests, changes and corrections via mail. You can also request certified copies of vital records online using their approved third party vendor VitalChek. For more information, please visit https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/vital-records/certificate.html
- For questions, please call 865-215-5100.
Knox County Health Department Satellite Clinics:
Teague Clinic, 405 Dante Road
West Clinic, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff
Infant and childhood immunizations as well as adult vaccines by appointment ONLY. Please call 865-215-5950.