To protect the health of our clients, patients and staff, there are temporary changes to some services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the changes listed below, and please note the following before visiting KCHD: Individuals coming into KCHD will be screened by getting their temperature taken and being asked if they have tested positive and/or have been a contact to a known case within the past two weeks. Masks/cloth face coverings should be worn while inside KCHD. If an individual does not have a mask/cloth face covering, one will be provided.
Knox County Health Department (Main Clinic, 140 Dameron Avenue)
- All WIC services will be done by phone. Please call 865-215-5016.
Women’s Health/Family Planning Services:
- Many services are still being provided, but please call first by dialing 865-215-5320.
Centers of Excellence (COE) Clinic:
- Phone consultation for eligibility and certification (new or re-certification) for Ryan White services.
- Phone evaluation for treatment and follow-up by medical provider. Please call 215-5081.
Communicable Disease Clinic:
- Walk-in services are only available for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI).
- All other services are by appointment only.
- For Tuberculosis (TB) screenings, please call 865-215-5371.
- For HIV Care, please call 865-215-5081.
- For Hepatitis C confidential testing, please call 865-215-5371.
- For Hepatitis C Case Management services, please call 865-215-5365.
Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic:
- Screening/testing for highest risk groups
- Continuation of preventive therapies
- Medical evaluation and treatment of active or suspected TB disease. Please call 865-215-5371.
Travel Immunization Clinic (TIC):
- Starting Monday, April 13, 2020, TIC will be closed.
- Infant and childhood immunizations as well as adult vaccines will be provided at the West Clinic by appointment ONLY. Please call 865-215-5950 first to discuss needs.
- Dental emergencies only.
- For a dental emergency, please call 865-215-5110.
Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT):
- No in home visits, but CHANT will be continuing services via phone to all families and accepting new referrals from community partners.
- Goal is to support families with resources as this emergency unfolds.
- Consultations by phone only.
- Please call 865-215-5190 or email CHANT@knoxcounty.org.
Parents As Teachers (PAT):
- Phone consultations only. No in person visits.
- For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5200.
- Septic tank and drain field work, as well as well water sampling, can be applied for over the phone. Soil mapping and site plans can be emailed.
- Payments for pool/tattoo permits and groundwater applications can be processed over the phone with a credit card.
- Discouraging the signing of survey maps in the office.
- Immunization record requests can be made by phone (865-215-5150), fax (865-215-5155), email (KCHDIP@knoxcounty.org), or mail.
- When making the request, please provide the following information: full name, date of birth, address, current phone number, and parent’s name (if child is under 18 years of age).
- Requests made by mail should be sent to the following address: Knox County Health Department, Immunization Program, 140 Dameron Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37917.
- If making the request through email, a phone number must be provided for the department to contact the person requesting the records.
- Records can only be mailed to the home address; records cannot be faxed or emailed.
- Children’s records can be obtained via mail by parent only
- Anyone 18 years old or older has to request their own records.
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5900.
- Services are suspended at this time.
- Records may be requested only by phone 865-215-5024, fax 865-215-5002, or email at email@example.com
- Issuance of certified copies of death certificates to funeral directors, issuance of cremation permits, and issuance of for burial transit out of state continue on a walk-in basis.
- Voluntary acknowledgement of paternity is suspended.
- In person issuance of birth certificates suspended; requests are by mail only. For questions, please call 865-215-5100.
- The Tennessee Vital Records Office has currently suspended all functions until further notice.
For more information, please visit https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/vital-records/certificate.html
Knox County Health Department Satellite Clinics:
Teague Clinic, 405 Dante Road
West Clinic, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff
Infant and childhood immunizations as well as adult vaccines by appointment ONLY. Please call 865-215-5950.