To protect the health of our clients, patients and staff, we are temporarily limiting services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the changes listed below.
Knox County Health Department (Main Clinic, 140 Dameron Avenue)
- All WIC services will be done by phone. Please call 865-215-5016.
Women’s Health/Family Planning Services:
- For all clinic services, please call first 865-215-5320.
Centers of Excellence (COE) Clinic:
- Phone consultation for eligibility and certification (new or re-certification) for Ryan White services.
- Phone evaluation for treatment and follow-up by medical provider. Please call 215-5081.
Communicable Disease Clinic:
- All services are by appointment only. Please call 865-215-5371 for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and Tuberculosis (TB). Please call 865-215-5081 for HIV Care.
Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic:
- Screening/testing for highest risk groups
- Continuation of preventive therapies
- Medical evaluation and treatment of active or suspected TB disease. Please call 865-215-5371.
Travel Immunization Clinic (TIC):
- Basic adult immunizations ONLY.
- Tetanus diphtheria/Tdap injuries only
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Military immunizations
- Healthcare worker immunizations
- Please call 865-215-5070.
- Dental emergencies only.
- For a dental emergency, please call 865-215-5110.
Community Health Access and Navigation in Tennessee (CHANT):
- No in home visits, but CHANT will be continuing services via phone to all families and accepting new referrals from community partners.
- Goal is to support families with resources as this emergency unfolds.
- Consultations by phone only.
- Please call 865-215-5190 or email CHANT@knoxcounty.org.
Parents As Teachers (PAT):
- Phone consultations only. No in person visits.
- For assistance, please email email@example.com.
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5200.
- Septic tank and drain field work, as well as well water sampling, can be applied for over the phone. Soil mapping and site plans can be emailed.
- Payments for pool/tattoo permits and groundwater applications can be processed over the phone with a credit card.
- Discouraging the signing of survey maps in the office.
- Immunization records request only by phone 865-215-5150, fax 865-215-5155 or email at KCHDIP@knoxcounty.org
- Available to answer questions by phone during normal operating hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please call 865-215-5900.
- Services are suspended at this time.
- Records may be requested only by phone 865-215-5024, fax 865-215-5002, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issuance of certified copies of death certificates to funeral directors, Issuance of cremation permits, and issuance of for burial transit out of state continue on a walk-in basis.
- Voluntary acknowledgement of paternity is suspended.
- In person issuance of birth certificates suspended; requests are by mail only. For questions, please call 865-215-5100.
- The Tennessee Vital Records Office has currently suspended all functions until further notice.
For more information, please visit https://www.tn.gov/health/health-program-areas/vital-records/certificate.html
Knox County Health Department Satellite Clinics:
Teague Clinic, 405 Dante Road
West Clinic, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff
Infant and childhood immunizations by appointment ONLY. Please call 865-215-5950.