What You Need to Know:
The Knox County COVID-19 Community Level is in the GREEN or low level. While in this level, the CDC recommends:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, including recommended booster doses.
- Get tested if you have symptoms
If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease
If you are at high risk of getting very sick, wear a well-fitting mask or respirator when indoors in public.
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for severe disease
- consider self-testing to detect infection before contact
- consider wearing a mask when indoors with them
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
CDC has streamlined the COVID-19 guidance to help the public better protect themselves and understand their risk. See the updated guidance here.
Guidance for Businesses
Businesses, organizations and all employers are encouraged to follow current national COVID-19 safety precautions to protect public health and the economy.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information to Share With EmployeesClick here to view the Educational Toolkit.
- KCHD's Minority Outreach Team has created an educational toolkit. This kit can be used by community groups and other organizations if they want to conduct education with these resources.
- This material is intended to be used by churches, neighborhood groups, community associations and more..
This toolkit includes 3 items
A PowerPoint 'Education on COVID-19' (en español )
A facilitator guide
A recorded version of the session (If you want to use the video but conduct your own Q&A)
*These videos were made possible through collaboration with the Knox County Schools Welcome Center.
Knox County Health Department YouTube Channel
Visit the Knox County Health Department YouTube channel to access COVID-19 updated and informational videos in English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Spanish, and SwahiliClick here to view our YouTube Channel
(COVID-19 informational videos in English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Spanish, and Swahili)
Verified COVID-19 Information
Having issues distinguishing between fact and fiction when it comes to COVID-19? The following resources are available to help:
- Webidemic: Click here for tips and guidance on weeding out the real from fake.
- World Health Organization - COVID-19 Myth Busters
Click here to view the KCHD COVID—19 Video Series, used to provide updates on the local situation. These videos cover the local COVID-19 situation and give insight into different aspects of KCHD’s response.
Additional COVID-19 resources
TN Department of Health COVID-19 Resources
- What to Expect After Being Diagnosed
- What to Expect After Being Tested
- Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion Therapy
- What To Do If You Test Negative
- COVID-19 Case Definition
- Information on Cycle threshold (Ct) values