Knox County has made great progress! COVID-19 is still circulating, so to STAY STRONG we encourage folks to stay safe, stay connected and #StayInTheGame by getting vaccinated and following the 5 Core Actions if you are unvaccinated!!
- Get Vaccinated
- Evaluate your risk
- Utilize the outdoors as much as possible
- Wash hands and sanitize surfaces regularly
- Choose activities that allow for social distancing when gathering if unvaccinated.
- Wear masks in public if unvaccinated
- Find creative ways to interact with others safely. Need ideas? Check out our Staying Connected page.
- Schedule regular interactions
- Utilize virtual when meeting if unvaccinated.
- Stay active and take advantage of the outdoors
- Find ways to volunteer and give back
- During this stressful time, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Find a list of mental health resources here.
- Gather information from credible sources, including KCHD, CDC and World Health Organization
- Talk to your co-workers or employees about COVID-19 Business Guidance
- Information changes frequently, so keep updated on COVID-19 guidance updates.
- Listen to trusted sources of information. Click here to learn about how to detect misinformation.
- Read up on CDC guidelines, such as When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated: What has changed and what has stayed the same.
- Who is Eligible for a Booster Dose?
Fully Vaccinated People
- Can safely stop wearing masks in most outdoor settings
- Should still wear masks when required by a business, doctor's office, public transportation
- If you are immunocompromised, talk to your health care provider.
- Still wear masks and keep at least six feet of distance from others.
- If you are not sure about whether you want to get vaccinated, talk to your health care provider.