Knox County Health Department
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
All phases are now eligible to be vaccinated. (Updated 3/24/21)
* If you are currently in isolation or quarantine, please reschedule your vaccination by calling 865-215-5555
* For more information on receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, please see below.
COVID-19 Online Vaccination Scheduling
Want to schedule a COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment?
* If no appointments are available, visit Vaccine Finder for other opportunities.
Daily COVID-19 Standby List:
- If you need a first dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine and you are available TODAY, please sign up on our standby list. You would be contacted between 2:30 and 4:00 p.m. and would need to be able to arrive at a central Knox County location in 30 minutes to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- This list will be cleared at the end of the day and will reopen to sign up at 9:30 a.m., meaning if you don’t receive a phone call to get a vaccine the day you sign up, you WILL need to sign up again on the next day that you are available. The list is first come, first serve daily for the first 30 people. If no doses are available, they will not be contacted.
- If KCHD has extra vaccine at the end of their clinic and you DO get a call to receive your vaccine, please note this number could come from any local phone number. PLEASE DO NOT ignore phone calls during this time frame.
KCHD’s Primary Vaccination Location: 4216 N. Broadway St. Knoxville, TN 37917
* KCHD will also continue to have community vaccinations that will be held at locations outside of the Broadway site in order to increase access across Knox County.
Knox County and KCHD Vaccine Numbers Data is updated daily, Monday - Friday. Data was gathered .
Total Vaccinations Reported
among Knox County Residents
% of People in Knox County
with at Least One Dose
Series Initatated (People Receiving one dose of Moderna or Pfizer)
Series Complete (People receiving two doses of Moderna, Pfizer, or first dose of Johnson and Johnson)
Number of Vaccines Provided by KCHD
Series Initiated (People Receiving one dose of Moderna or Pfizer)
Series Completed (People Receiving two doses of Moderna or Pfizer)
Demographic breakdown of Knox County vaccination numbers:* All of the data below is based off the first (or only) dose count.
Tennessee Department of Health COVID Resources
Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard
Tennessee’s COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting dashboard includes data on total vaccinations reported, vaccinations reported in the last day and within the last week. The dashboard also displays the percentage of each county’s population that has been vaccinated. Click here to view the TN COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard.
DRAFT TN COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Version 6.0, updated on 03.08.21; it's available here
- Updates to Phase 1c based on CDC guidance, various other clarifications, and the addition of Janssen vaccine information.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Tool
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Tool allows you to receive updates and notifications about the vaccine phase you are eligible for. It also provides risk-based and age-based phase information at the county level.
- Vaccine phases and current estimated timeline can be found here.
Vaccine Allocation Phases
All phases are now eligible to be vaccinated. If you are 16 years of age or older, you can sign up to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
KCHD has and will continue to work with community partners to get the vaccine out as quickly as possible. Even with multiple partners vaccinating in our community, it will take time before the vaccine is widely available. Please be patient and know that this process will take some time.
We will update our website and social media pages to reflect any updates we receive on when and where vaccines will be available.