Per standard public health protocols for infectious disease response, the Knox County Health Department (KCHD) continues to work with the Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) and follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance regarding COVID-19 in Knox County. Comprehensive data about the local situation is updated weekly on this website. Those with questions can contact KCHD’s Public Information Line at 865-215-5555.
Stay in the Game | Finish Strong
Knox County has made great progress! COVID-19 is still circulating, so to FINISH STRONG we encourage folks to stay safe, stay connected and #StayInTheGame by getting vaccinated!
Click here for COVID-19 graphics and guidance to share with friends, family, co-workers.
Knox County Health Department YouTube ChannelClick here to view our YouTube Channel
(COVID-19 informational videos in English, French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Spanish, and Swahili)
- KCHD's Minority Outreach Team has created an educational toolkit. This kit can be used by community groups and other organizations if they want to conduct some education on their own.
- This material is intended to be used by churches, neighborhood groups, community associations and more.
This toolkit includes 3 items
A PowerPoint 'Education on COVID-19' (en español )
A facilitator guide
A recorded version of the session (If you want to use the video but conduct your own Q&A)
*These videos were made possible thanks to a great collaboration with the KCS Welcome Center.
Verified COVID-19 Information
Having issues distinguishing between fact and fiction when it comes to COVID-19? The following resources are available to help:
- Verified Vaccine Info
- Webidemic: Click here for tips and guidance on weeding out the real from fake.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency - COVID-19 Rumor Control
- World Health Organization - COVID-19 Myth Busters
- Fact v Fiction
Call KCHD's Public Information Line at 865-215-5555 or toll-free at 888-288-6022. The Public Information Line is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT, Monday through Friday.
People with concerns about their health should contact their health care provider.
Additional information about COVID-19 can be found below.